How to participate
HOW WILL THE 2020 CENSUS TAKE PLACE?
For the Census to be successful, the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) must guarantee that every person on Aruba gets the opportunity to be counted.
Compared to the 2010 Census, the 2020 Census will be completely digital, therefore replacing the paper questionnaires that we used to know from previous Censuses. The Census questionnaire can be filled in online for the entire household.
The online questionnaire will be available starting Thursday October 1st, 2020, 12:00 o’clock midnight.
Starting November 1st, 2020, CBS will be visiting all households that did NOT fill in the online questionnaire.
CBS would like to emphasize that all necessary precautions and measures have been taken to guarantee the safety of the information of every person, every household and every institution.
In addition, CBS is also attentive to comply with the rules stipulated by the Department of Public Health regarding the current situation. Consequently, we encourage every household to fill in the Census questionnaire online!
HOW TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE ONLINE QUESTIONNAIRE?
To gain access to the Online Census questionnaire, households must use their WEB NV. parcel number (account number). This number appears on the water bill that households receive every month and on the online water bill (WEBCare).
This parcel number must be filled in in the corresponding box to gain access to the 2020 Census questionnaire.
Households that do NOT have their own parcel number must contact CBS to receive a unique code which they can use to gain access to the Online Census questionnaire.
Starting Thursday October 1st, the CBS can be contacted at: 524 7444 from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm.
HOW TO FILL IN THE ONLINE CENSUS QUESTIONNAIRE?
The 2020 Census questionnaire must be filled in as follows:
- Fill in the parcel number
- Choose the desired language to fill in the questionnaire
- Verify the parcel number and the address of the household
- Indicate the number of persons in the household
- Indicate the number of persons in the household that have lived 1 year or longer on Aruba or have the intention to continue living on Aruba for 1 year or longer
- Fill in the information for each of these persons that belong to the household
- Verify if the household composition is correct
- Answer all the questions about the living quarter
- Answer all the questions for each person in the household, such as their migration status, health, education, labor and ICT use
- Finalize the questionnaire
- Thank you for your cooperation!
WHAT INFORMATION DO I NEED AT HAND BEFORE STARTING THE QUESTIONNAIRE?
Before you start, please have the following information about the living quarter at hand:
- Parcel number (number and code as it appears on your WEB water bill)
- Correct address of the living quarter
- Number of rooms in the living quarter and the number of bedrooms, shower areas and toilets
- The total surface in m2 of the living quarter
- If the living quarter is rented: the monthly rent and what is included in the rent
And the following information for each person in the household:
- Age, date of birth (month and year)
- Country of birth
- Date established in Aruba for the last time (month and year), for those not born in Aruba or that have not lived in Aruba all their lives
- Total number of years living in Aruba
- Country of birth of the mother and father
- Number of children brought into the world and the age at which the first child was born (only for females 14 years and older)
- Difficulties seeing, hearing, walking, concentrating, communicating or difficulties with personal care (bathing and dressing), due to a health problem
- In need of help from others for personal care or household chores due to a physical or mental health problems
- General health
- School attendance, type of school/daycare, name of school and grade/year/level
- Highest level of education obtained and discipline or specialty
- If worked 4 hours of more in the week of September 24 until the 30th (only for persons 14 years and older):
- Information regarding the main profession of the employed person
- Name and address of the company/business/organization/department
- Information of the existence of a contract or an employment agreement
- Information if the employer deducts wage tax and other contributions for social benefits from the payment/salary
- Gross income from main job
- Income from any other source (side job, pension, alimony, etc.)
- Access to mobile phone
- Access to internet
- Access to devices to follow online classes/do homework/ work from home
Censo 2020 Checklist – Papiamento
Censo 2020 Checklist – Nederlands
Censo 2020 Checklist – English
Censo 2020 Checklist – Español
Checklist Vivienda – Papiamento
Checklist Woning – Nederlands
Checklist Living quarter – English
Checklist Vivienda – Español
Checklist Demografia – Papiamento
Checklist Demografie – Nederlands
Checklist Demographics – English
Checklist Demografía – Español
Checklist Education – Papiamento
Checklist Onderwijs – Nederlands
Checklist Education – English
Checklist Educación – Español
Checklist Labor – Papiamento
Checklist Arbeid – Nederlands
Checklist Labor – English
Checklist Labor – Español
Checklist Salud – Papiamento
Checklist Gezondheid – Nederlands
Checklist Health – English
Checklist Salud – Español
Checklist Migracion – Papiamento
Checklist Migratie – Nederlands
Checklist Migration – English
Checklist Migración – Español
Checklist ICT – Papiamento
Checklist ICT – Nederlands
Checklist ICT – English
Checklist ICT – Español
WHAT TO DO IF NOT ABLE TO FILL IN THE QUESTIONNAIRE ONLINE?
- If you do not have a parcel number: The household must contact the CBS to receive a unique code. Starting October 1st, the household can contact the CBS helpdesk at telephone number: 524 7444.
- If you do not have internet access: The household can ask another person (either a family member or a friend) to help with filling in the questionnaire. The questionnaire can also be filled in by using a smartphone or a tablet.
- If you do not have a device to fill in the questionnaire: The household can request assistance from another person to help fill in the questionnaire. The household can also contact the CBS helpdesk at telephone number: 524 7444. The CBS will help the household to fill in the questionnaire by telephone.
WHERE TO FIND MY PARCEL NUMBER (ACCOUNT NUMBER)?
The parcel number (account number) appears on the WEB NV water bill that households receive at home each month. This parcel number also appears on the digital invoice from WEB Care.
SHOULD THE 2-DIGIT CODE AT THE END OF THE PARCEL NUMBER ALSO BE FILLED IN?
NO, only the first digits of the parcel number should be filled in. Neither the “0’s” in front of the parcel number nor the 2-digit code at the end of the parcel number should be filled in.
- Parcel number on the WEB NV water bill that households receive at home
- Parcel number on the WEB Care invoice
- Parcel number that must be filled in via a computer/laptop to gain access to the WEB Care invoice
- Parcel number that must be filled in via a mobile phone to gain access to the WEB Care invoice
CAN I FILL IN THE QUESTIONNAIRE AS MANY TIMES AS I WANT TO?
No, every household can fill in the questionnaire just once. Once the parcel number is used, it cannot be used again. If the parcel number is used by mistake, contact the CBS to request a unique code to gain access to the 2020 Census questionnaire.
Keep in mind that the questionnaire must be completed in one time! This is necessary to safeguard the security of the collected data.